Saturday 2 June 2012

Granny Rose Poncho 2

If you remember a few weeks ago I found this yarn in my stash and I decided to make a poncho for myself  for Sucrettes CAL.  Well I did finish it a while ago but haven't had time to show you all till now, this is the finished result. 



 As you can see my addiction to Astri's granny roses is still very much alive and well. I made ten granny rose squares joined them into a v shape for the neck and then just crocheted around them and continued until it was the size I wanted.  The yarn wasn't that easy to crochet with however because there were bobbles in it, and me crochet and bobbles usually do not get on but I persevered with it until....... horror of horror's I was nearly finished but I was so scared there wouldn't be enough wool to finish it, I know you have all been there almost afraid to continue in case you would run out just before the end with no way of buying any more yarn to complete it, but as you can see there was just enough.   





It's lovely and thick, soft and luxurious to wear and I was going to put it away for the winter, but after a week of beautiful sunshine, it's raining, miserable and cold in the North East of England once again so I think I will leave it out  for now. :)

21 comments:

  1. It came out very nice - the roses are very pretty around the neck area. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Linda, está precioso!!!! felicitaciones.-

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did it again - this is so pretty! The gray and white together is very classy. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really looks great and lovely, I love those roses

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is very pretty and it will go with almost anything. The roses make a little special too!~Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wunderschön. Ein Traumhaft schöner Poncho. Ich bin begeistert.
    Liebe Rosaliewochenendgrüße ∙∙♥♥∙∙

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your poncho. This will be one you will use a lot. You made me want to make one. And those white flowers look divine. Lovely, lovely!
    Greetings,
    Ana BC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you evryone for your lovely comments :)

      Delete
  8. so schön!^^
    Liebe Grüße,*Manja*

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a good job! I love it very much! I think it will be useful in each time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job! It looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I made one of these ponchos for myself a while ago but this is amazing!!! I love how you used one color and added the roses. Off now to look at those granny roses. It is good that we are having a cold spell again here in Europe as it would be sad not to be able to wear this.

    Hugs from Holland ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I love the roses. I haven't gotten brave enough to try them; the sewing together part scares me.
    Thanks for the link for the granny square sampler crochet a long; I also have to be working on multiple things at once and this project is perfect for me.
    Love all your pretty flowers!
    Blessings,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh that looks so lovely. What a lovely idea to combine both the CALs. I'm still working on both my poncho and my rose cushion ;)Maggie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Traumhaft, der Poncho ist wunderschön.
    lg Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's gorgeous!! just lovely!
    Shari :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I found you through "did you make that" linky blog
    This poncho looks so beautiful =) congrats
    and greetings from México

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks really good, I love the detail of the roses.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the chunky yarn and the roses are gorgeous, its perfect for our hit and miss weather at the moment

    ReplyDelete
  19. I tried making those roses and now I understand your addiction. They are lovely and fun to make...but I still need to try the granny part..
    Ana BC

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, This poncho is lovely as are the roses. Accolades to you. I would love to make one. Is there a place I may purchase it? Thank you for your assistance.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx