Friday 2 February 2018

Something for The Weekend.

I think that I've found a solution to the granny blanket in my last post but it means quite a bit of mindless crochet which incidentally I do love, you have to have at least one of these projects on the go for watching TV or for when friends come to visit so it's all good, I'll show you how it's progressing when I've done a bit more. So for the weekend I have decided to make another one of these....


One of the ladies from Loving Hands found this pattern and we have challenged ourselves to see how many we can make. It is knit in the round but some of the ladies have made it successfully with two needles.  I made mine a size smaller than stated just to see if I could do it and because I was using tiny scraps of yarn and I wasn't sure if I would have enough to make a larger version.

It's much easier than it looks and there are other pattern variations too, you can find the free pattern here.

Can you remember me mentioning that I was going to make Daphne's 
Olive oil and lemon cake weekend before last, well I did but I only made half the amount stated in the recipe just in case it didn't turn out right for me but it did and it was yummy, I thought that you would be able to taste the olive oil but you couldn't it was light as can be.  I did mean to take a photo but it was eaten before I had time to get my camera out. 😄

Have a great weekend whatever you are doing. 😊 x

12 comments:

  1. It is so pretty! The colors go together very nicely! Darling little beanie!
    Mmm, cake! Now you made me want to bake too!
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it looks like your hat turned out great. The lemon cake sounds wonderful. I made an apple cake a few days ago and it went pretty quickly. Might try the lemon one.
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you decided well because your hat is gorgeous !
    Have a cozy weekend !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does look a good pattern. I love fair isle, but sometimes not too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hat turned out well. I always prefer to knit hats in the round. It can become completely mindless in a good way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a sweet hat, Linda. Love the pattern and the colours of the wools are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely hat and lovely colors, Linda!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Linda, I love your hat, it's really sweet. The cake sounds delicious. I once had an olive oil and rosemary savory cake that was out of this world, just so different and tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You made such a nice hat and I love the pretty colors of it. Thanks for sharing at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.
    Enjoy the week.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, beautiful hat, Linda!
    And I love lemon cake.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a lovely hat, I do enjoy a little bit of fair isle now and again although I am very slow at it. Thanks for the pattern link and thanks for joining us at Handmade Monday :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx